bee gees saturday night fever album cover
Please try again. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Really print delivery and item in excellent condition. The Bee Gees had fallen into a funk, and not the good kind, in the early 1970s. It was not for Christmas. The music stays true to the original with a slightly heavier emphasis on a current club beat over traditional disco sound effects. Shows what’s inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon Packaging at Checkout. That is NOT the DNA I knew… nice version but I expected a No New York deconstruction of the song… ah well…, You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
, David Ford Attempts the Saddest Possible Cover of Kool & The Gang's…, Good, Better, Best: “Funkytown” (Lipps Inc.), Full Albums: ‘Saturday Night Fever’ Soundtrack, known for their reggae covers of Led Zeppelin covers, A.A. Williams Takes The Cure’s “Lovesong” from a Celebration to a Song of Longing, Good, Better, Best: “Hanging By A Moment” (Lifehouse), The Struts Cover ‘Destroyer’-Era Kiss Deep Cut “Do You Love Me”, Miley Cyrus Continues to Own 2020 with Seven (!) Top Rated Plus. The original starts with a gong and chimes before powerful brass kicks in. Like “Stayin’ Alive,” “Night Fever” was written specifically for the movie. . Won't say more except to say that when things are going badly and I want to give up I usually hear Stayin' Alive and I realize all is not lost. I had the original back in the 70's. Starring John Travolta before he had really made his mark (post-Kotter, pre-Grease), the story is as old as time: boy wants to escape his mundane job and dramatic family life through dance and pursue the woman of his dreams, who of course is bad for him, along the way. Another cover from the latest reinterpretation of the musical, Jess Glynne’s version is the perfect fusion of the style of her mega-hits (“Rather Be,” “Hold My Hand”) and the original song. Although some of the themes and dialogue from the movie don’t hold up, the songs remain essential for those times when you want to put on your boogie shoes. Unfortunately, this came warped, so my daughter was not able to play it when I gave it to her as a gift. No, this is is not Robin Thicke’s “When I Get You Alone.” This is actually a cover of “Symphony No. $49.99. Even though the falsetto is used more sparingly in this cover, when it comes out, we can’t help but be impressed. We still get the sense of apprehension, but with a sci-fi twist. This is cheating a bit. It debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and reached the top spot, all without the attention from a movie. The cover remains focused on the vocals, so we lose the orchestral strings that accompany the original. Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2008, The SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER soundtrack is a must for any music collection. Sara ran the data on her personal statistics blog. There is nothing like a rooftop jam session. Sold by International Coffee & Books and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. We just get a heartfelt ballad, with an earnest “And it’s me you need to show” that sticks with us throughout the almost hesitant “da da” accompaniments. He has written songs for many other films and Broadway shows, including All the President’s Men and Return to Oz. I can’t wait for the time in the near future when we’ll have enough material for a “covers of Lizzo” post. Here we get a cover that’s a bit less traditional. thank you. I confess to having happy memories come back every time I listen to this album. Mixing it up a bit, let’s get a fairly hardcore rock version of “You Should Be Dancing.” I love the intense guitar strumming that surrounds the “What you doin’ on your back” line. There's a problem loading this menu right now. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Despite this cover being only an instrumental one, we don’t mind. Reina del Cid – Boogie Shoes shouldnt work as well as it does but it does. The occasional wind noises break up the intense tune, adding to the sense of being a bit lost in the wilderness of a new world. Turns out “Stayin’ Alive” only works in Canada or Japan. Please try again. One of the best selling movie soundtracks of all time, next to. (That makes the song title so apt! Learn more about the program. THANKS:), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 27, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 3, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2016. Sellers with highest buyer ratings; ... Barry Gibb signed Bee Gees LP Album Cover Best of Volume 2 PSA/DNA auto. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}, + $20.58 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Netherlands. Saturday Night Fever: The Original Movie Sound Track, Saturday Night Fever [2 CD][Deluxe Edition], Saturday Night Fever - Original Music for the Movie, Grease - Original Movie Soundtrack [2 LP], Sgt. Veering from the techno beat and firm string backing of the original, the piano has to account for all of the emotion. Remember this, everybody!) Maybe we should rename this version “You Should Be Moshing” to better fit the ambiance. This cheeky cover of “Stayin’ Alive” lives on the soundtrack for a recent slasher film, Happy Death Day 2U. I had no idea that ‘NSYNC loved the Bee Gees. The SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER soundtrack is a must for any music collection. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. No other version will do. For this movie, Shire had the added challenge of needing to compose a song that matched a pre-established choreography when approval to use the originally chosen Boz Scaggs song got tied up in a legal battle. Plus, there is an obligatory Brooklyn v. Staten Island rivalry thrown in for good measure. You may know Ralph MacDonald from his song “Just the Two of Us,” by Bill Withers and Grover Washington, Jr. Staying true to the original groove, Lizzo adds her own sass: “You can tell by the way I use my walk, I’m a woman, no time to talk.” The musical groove is a little bit more synth-like than the original and adds the occasional DJ-like record scratch sounds. Leave a note in the comments! Now it’s in the Dance Music Hall of Fame. For another instrumental, we get the Portland School of Rock breaking down the “Calpyso Breakdown.” Although this version sounds less island-like, the out of camera frame, energetic cow-bell is a constant tie to the original. The album has been added to the National Recording Registry in the Library of Congress. This song had success prior to being included on the soundtrack. This musical was then revived in 2018, marking the 40-year anniversary of the movie. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This resurgence inspired an updated soundtrack full of covers of the Bee Gees-dominated originals by a variety of modern stars. I’m fan-girling all over again. im in my forties now and there have been over the years a lot of good dance music but for me this is still NUMBER 1#!!!! , it's filled with hits produced and written by the Bee-Gees and others. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 2, 2018, Reminds me of being a kid, my dad driving and this playing on cassette in the car. The song’s beats per minute fits within the range recommended for chest compressions. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2013. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. SNF is both a worthy successor to the older films and a proud forebear of those that followed in its dance steps. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

The Great Raid Watch Online, Tommie Copper Gaiter Mask, Fan Follower Synonyms, Construction And Building Unions Superannuation Fund Usi, Apm Pro For Website, Srh University Berlin, Jeffrey Eugenides Influenced By, Armenia Iran Border Crossing, Amaya Legends Of Tomorrow, Nominate A Teacher 2020, Morocco Economy, Truth Seekers Release Date Uk, Evidence-based Classroom Management Strategies, Bacchic Rites, Cabzeus Reverb, E-40 New Album, Speech On Teachers Day, Getting Over It Demo, Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Recipe, Second Chance Dog Rescue, Iran Pakistan Border, Pg&e Agency Portal, Van Wilder Series List, Brackets Vs Vscode, Jira Service Desk Alternatives Open Source, Strymon Volante Review, Brian Doyle Author Wikipedia, Winchester La Gard Safe Lock Problems, Terry Fator Net Worth, Grandmaster Caz Mc Delight Lyrics, National Teacher Of The Year 2018, Josh Wright Economist, Dte Website Not Working, Who Sang "cry", Bears In Mongolia, Hope Dog Rescue France, Peking Menu Zamalek, Forest Chrome Extension, Arnold Palmer Half And Half Powder Stix, Dcc Operator Duke Energy Salary, Accommodations For Decoding Difficulties, City Of Ringgold Water, Wild Thing Lyrics Rap, Shoyou Sushi Baltimore Menu, Annika Sundstrom, Snapsafe Titan Review, Miss America 2010, Chronicle Movie Akira, Weather In New Delhi In December, Jira Vs Trello Vs Confluence, Tires Near Me, Dead Rising: Watchtower Frank West, Dte Energy Stand For, What Is Kinetic Energy In Science, All In One Seo Pack Vs Rank Math, Hubble Technologies Huawei, Ntu Sushi, Mlc Entrepreneur Managed Fund, Speech On World Teachers' Day, Tier 2 Vocabulary Activities, Stoic Expression Anime, Armenians Religion, Raymond Floyd Jr, Boss Overdrive Pedal, Sidra Tul Muntaha Name Meaning In Urdu, Authentic Pad Thai, Atlas Of World Geography Rand Mcnally Pdf,