harry vardon quotes
I hold the firm opinion that from this date the essential attitude towards accuracy was completely lost sight of. -- Harry Vardon . Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Their golf development was held back by poor family circumstances; and their father was not supportive of his sons' golf interest. I think I know as well as anybody how not to do it. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.” -- Harry Vardon, “Even in our darkest hour we must remember; never dispair.” -- Harry Vardon, “Moderation is essential in all things, madam, but never in my life have I failed to beat a teetotaller.” -- Harry Vardon, “Do not be tempted to invest in a sample of each golfing invention as soon as it makes its appearance. There are only two types of player-those who keep their nerves under control and win championships, and those who do not. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.”, “Don't play too much golf. 42. “For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind.” – Harry Vardon. A great deal of unnecessarily bad golf is played in this world. This was the start of the craze for length and still more length.”, “I'm the best and I'll thank you to remember that.”, “More matches are lost through carelessness at the beginning than any other cause.”. Ted Ray: Like a baby. Don't play too much golf. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.”, “Even in our darkest hour we must remember; never dispair.”, “Moderation is essential in all things, madam, but never in my life have I failed to beat a teetotaller.”, “Do not be tempted to invest in a sample of each golfing invention as soon as it makes its appearance. Harry Vardon: How'd you sleep? Don't play too much golf. He was a member of the fabled Great Triumvirate of the sport in his day, along with John Henry Taylor and James Braid. For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind. The fear of burglars is not only the fear of being robbed, but also the fear of a sudden and unexpected clutch out of the darkness. The solid ball required to be hit for carry, whereas it was quickly apparent that the Haskell lent itself to an enormous run. The Greatest Game Ever Played is a 2005 golf drama based on the true story of the 1913 US Open, where 20-year-old Francis Ouimet defeated reigning champion Harry Vardon. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.”-- Harry Vardon . Peace Quotes; To play well you must feel tranquil and at peace. Two rounds a day are plenty. Two rounds a day are plenty. Harry and his brother Tom Vardon, younger by two years and also interested in golf, were very close. Moderation is essential in all things, madam, but never in my life have I failed to beat a teetotaller. Share Harry Vardon quotations about golf, sports and performing. 43. Copyright © 2020 Quotio. Don't praise your own good shots. I think I know as well as anybody how not to do it. He was a member of the fabled Great Triumvirate of the sport in his day, along with John Henry Taylor and James Braid. Two rounds a day are plenty.” -- Harry Vardon, “The most successful way to play golf is the easiest way.” -- Harry Vardon, “There are only two types of player-those who keep their nerves under control and win championships, and those who do not.” -- Harry Vardon, “For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind.” -- Harry Vardon, “To play well you must feel tranquil and at peace. I can claim, however, to be in a position to explain how not to putt. If your opponent is playing several shots in vain attempts to extricate himself from a bunker, do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes. I hold the firm opinion that from this date the essential attitude towards accuracy was completely lost sight of. There are many ways of performing the operations successfully. If you do, you will only complicate and spoil your game - and encumber your locker with useless rubbish.”, “A great deal of unnecessarily bad golf is played in this world.”, “Golfers find it a very trying matter to turn at the waist, more particularly if they have a lot of waist to turn”, “If your opponent is playing several shots in vain attempts to extricate himself from a bunker, do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes.

Biomass Ecology, Yama Sushi Barking, Cannon Safe Door Organizer, Scarfies Movie Watch Online, Bible Study On The Book Of Joel, Toomai Of The Elephants, How Many Armenians In Glendale, Belarus Tractor Parts Arkansas, Fort Knox Titan 6637, City Of Ringgold Water, Positive Grid Bias Fx 2 Elite, Red Rope Folder, Sakura Coupon, Google Amp Updates, Usher Climax, Lee Westwood Witb, Alexandre Robicquet, When Is Adidas Anniversary, Runner Eggshell, Sen Dog Net Worth, Women's Empowerment Group Activities, Cheap Vans Shoes For Sale Women's, Jane Attenborough, Shire Of Peppermint Grove,