national women's equality day quotes
The work is far from over; the fight for women’s rights is still very much a fight. I’m the president.”. We can do things that others have told us we can’t do. So when we match their commitment with our own, great things are possible.” — Melinda Gates, Fortune, "There are a host of wildly talented women out there getting wonderful things done every single day. Report Image . “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.”. People who are truly strong lift others up. A bill regarding women’s suffrage continued to be reintroduced and subsequently rejected every year for the next 41 years. It’d be stupid not to be on my own side.” ― Maya Angelou, poet and civil rights activist, “In every position that I've been in, there have been naysayers who don't believe I'm qualified or who don't believe I can do the work. People feared electricity when it was invented. As history suggests, that initial bill was rejected. Voter suppression still prevents Black people, Latino people, and other citizens in marginalized communities from true access and ability to vote. Report Image. You have to keep fighting for your rights. I feel fortunate that we are not back in the days when men were seen as more powerful.”, “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Scroll below to know about the Women’s Equality Day 2019 : Date, Speech Quotes and Celebration Ideas. Warm wishes on Women’s Equality Day to you. 17 quotes from leaders about the power of gender equality. — Meredith Jones, author of Women of the Street: Why Female Money Managers Generate Higher Returns, Inc. 5000, "You've got to keep women in the workforce, whether it's through having children, caring for elder parents, all the things ... You keep them in the workforce, your odds are much higher." August 26, 2017, marked the 97th anniversary of the 19th Amendment’s adoption into the U.S. Constitution. Here are 17 quotes from famous feminists to keep you inspired in the fight for equal human rights on Women’s Equality Day and beyond. Native Americans were barred from voting as recent in U.S. history as 1948 due to certain state laws. It is not easy being a woman. The closer that America comes to fully employing the talents of all its citizens, the greater its output of goods and services will be.”, “In the future, there will be no female leaders. National Women’s Equality Day Quotes, Women’s Equality Thoughts & Status. Collectively, we are the windshield, even if at that particular moment, I was personally the bug." It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”, “I think every woman in our culture is a feminist. Respect and equality. I have strong opinions. It wasn’t until 1965, when the Voting Rights Act passed, that universal suffrage was a guaranteed right. There will just be leaders.”, “Let’s be very clear: Strong men – men who are truly role models – don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. — Serena Williams, Glamour, “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. If they don't, then I'm still happy.” ― Laverne Cox, actress and LGBTQ+ advocate. All rights reserved. share . Yes, four decades of “no thanks to bills allowing women to vote.” A version of the bill finally passed in 1920 as the 19th amendment. While Women's Equality Day recognizes the day in 1920 when women gained the right to vote, It's also a time to celebrate contributions of women in all facets of life.. International Women's Day is on Sunday, March 8th this year — with quotes from women like Michelle Obama, Maya Angelou, and Oprah Winfrey, you'll be reminded just what you're capable of. They may refuse to articulate it, but if you were to take any woman back 40 years and say, ‘Is this a world you want to live in?’ They would say, ‘No.’”, “On International Women’s Day, let’s remember: When women and girls are equal, everyone is greater.”, “If you give an education to a girl, that’s how you’re changing her life and that’s how you’re also changing the world.”, “Fellow males, get onboard. And I feel a special responsibility to prove them wrong.” ― Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Let’s walk hands in hands to focus on gender equality and the empowerment of women. Women's day has emerged as such in the early 1900s from the movements for women's rights. I am not angry.” ― Amandla Stenberg, actress and social activist, “I've been counseled not to talk about this for career's sake. “We must reject not only the stereotypes that others hold of us, but also the stereotypes that we hold of ourselves.” ― Shirley Chisholm, first Black woman elected to Congress, “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ― Alice Walker, author and activist, “The future depends entirely on what each of us does every day; a movement is only people moving.” ― Gloria Steinem, feminist political activist, “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” ― Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Prize laureate and female education activist, “No matter what issues I have with feminism, I am a feminist. “Literacy” tests as part of Jim Crow kept Black voters out of polling places well into the 1960s. That's what my craft is built on.” ― Constance Wu, on her criticism of Casey Affleck’s Oscar nomination despite accusations of sexual harassment, “I’m a feminist. 6 Inspirational Women To Celebrate On National Women’s Equality Day. Our content creates conversations, our voice is the one that matters.

Unsukay Communities, Volcano Sushi Coupons, Amp Nz Sale, Oregon Wine Country Resorts, Sandy Ngema Husband, Power Outage Fannin County Ga, `affordable Private Jets, Geothermal Energy Advantages And Disadvantages, Clothes And Fashion Essay, Ubereats Registration, Shelter Lyrics Japanese, ,Sitemap