playing the waiting game in relationships
If one of you wants a picket fence, a house and three kids, and the other one wants to travel the globe…well, there’s a fundamental difference that may just mean the two of you want different things out of life. It’s true that some relationships just end without much discussion or fanfare and we don’t get the closure we want or need. Tune in to our podcast every Wednesday to talk about dating, relationships, and how to bring out your best self. All Rights Reserved |. In this video coaching newsletter I discuss five emails from five different viewers. We believe we “are” a certain way and that belief gives us permission to behave accordingly. Playing to win leaves someone as a loser in the relationship. The best relationships are great because they bring out the best traits and strengths in both parties. You tip your favorite bartender, right? We can gather lessons and takeaways about our behavior and our contributions to the relationship—but remember: we only have to take responsibility for and own up to the stuff that’s ours. In your relationship? Products: Coaching, Books, Supplements, Self-Help, Etc. Relationships: 4 Ways to Win the Waiting Game. We can learn, “Hey, this is what I hope to get out of relationship, this is what scares me, and this is where I tend to shut down,” and then we can work on how we can accept our reactions and work on expressing our needs better in the future. Just click the “Donate” button located below to enter your donation/gratuity. From my heart to yours, Corey Wayne. You can contact his office to schedule an appointment. Why you sometimes have to play the waiting game and let things play out by being infinitely patient when it comes to dating and relationships. Purchase a phone/Skype (audio only) coaching session for yourself or a friend by. When we go into relationships with these limiting beliefs, we end up acting out a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you’ve had the hard conversations and expressed the things you want out of life and you’re still holding back, maybe you need to examine if you’re clinging to preconceived notions of what a relationship is (restrictive, holding you down) and let go of those beliefs if you find them to be untrue. Rachel Zwell is one of the core coaches in the Year of Transformation program. Take this quiz to find out your EQ and how you can further develop. Let us know how your dating is going! “Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.” ~ Socrates. Did we express the things we truly wanted and fully jump in? How about a buck, $2, $3, $5, maybe $10? The other two emails will simply crack you up when you hear what these guys have been doing. Whatever YOU feel its worth, every time you feel I have given you a good tip, new knowledge or helpful insight. (function(i,n,t,e,r,a,c){i['InteractPromotionObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ Maybe you went out on a few dates with someone and then suddenly *poof! Please feel free to donate any amount you think is equal to the value you received from my eBook & Home Study Course (audio lessons), articles, emails, videos, newsletters, etc. The original image was altered for this use. Playing the Waiting Game when Commitment is the Question. The first email is from a woman who likes a guy she knows, but despite her attempts to indirectly communicate that she likes him and wants him to ask her out, he’s clueless. Explore why you aren’t ready to jump in. Relationships are a two-way street. c=n.getElementsByTagName(t)[0];a.async=1;a.src=e;c.parentNode.insertBefore(a,c) You tip your favorite bartender, right? People with high emotional intelligence live lives of greater fulfillment and happiness. You’ll also get my best pickup, dating, relationship & life success secrets & strategies in my FREE newsletter. Thanks in advance for your support! How much of this is natural and how much is a form of “ghosting” within the relationship? To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. He helps men and women to achieve their dreams, discover their purpose, improve their relationships, start a business, improve personal health & fitness, maximize time management, become a superstar in sales, set & achieve their most audacious goals, become a leader, be better team builders, break through their deepest fears and limiting beliefs, overcome difficult life challenges, lose weight and regain balance in all areas of their lives, including personal finances and wealth building. Enter Your Name & Email Below for Instant Access: Pickup, Dating & Relationship Phone Coaching. “The man who doesn’t read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them.” ~ Mark Twain. Click the button above to visit my Amazon.com list of recommended self-help products such as books, supplements, appliances, tools, etc. Were we true to ourselves? We tell ourselves, “I’m afraid of commitment,” or “I’m not good at expressing what I want in relationships.” We call these limiting beliefs. Then we started to see each other again . It's a … When we continue to pursue the things, people and circumstances we want instead letting them come to us after expressing our desire without attachment, we actually push them away from us because the very nature of pursuing is to demonstrate what you don’t have and what you lack. If you have a question you would like me to consider answering in a future Video Coaching Newsletter, you can send it (3-4 paragraphs/500 words max) to this email address: Questions@UnderstandingRelationships.com. January 14, 2013 by Louise Helene and Kim Osborn Sullivan READ TIME: 9 mins "Why doesn't he call? Were we really engaged with the other person? If he caves in, you win. If you find some genuine incongruences, then they need to be addressed. Thanks in advance for your support! Wright Foundation for the Realization of Human Potential. via the share buttons. It will make you feel more confident and sure of your actions than anything else you have ever experienced in life. “Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny, and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, Copyright © 2020 Coach Corey Wayne's UnderstandingRelationships.com®. Their office number is: 407-499-9182, or visit their website by clicking here. Just click the "Donate" button above to enter your donation/gratuity. Please feel free to donate any amount you think is equal to the value you received from my eBook & Home Study Course (audio lessons), articles, emails, videos, newsletters, etc. Are you emotionally withdrawing because you can’t gain control in the relationship? Truth is, he can only win the game if you really want whatever he's withholding - and want it specifically from him. Are you playing the waiting game in your dating life? Is there more to your apprehension? i_promo('init', 'B1gr-CUcf'); Sign up to receive a free chapter from Dr. Bob Wright’s & Dr. Judith Wright’s book, recipient of the 2016 Nautilus Better Books for a Better World Award, The Heart of the Fight! Deep down, is it really fear of commitment? This is a member supported site. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. If you find you’re scared of committing to a relationship, you might need to explore what’s not being met within that union. “A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” ~ Chinese Proverbs. If you are in the Orlando Florida USA area, I highly recommend that you contact my friend, Dr. Dominick D’Anna, to see him personally like I do, or for a referral for a Network Chiropractic Doctor in your area or country. She believes in full engagement and aliveness, and trains people to see and overcome the barriers that prevent them from living fully. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. How about a buck… $2… $3… $5… $10… what ever YOU feel its worth, every time you feel I have given you a good tip, new knowledge or helpful insight. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It can leave us feeling unsettled. Coach Corey Wayne's UnderstandingRelationships.com. Why you need to give the universe and people time to respond to you in a way that you want instead of pursuing what you want and trying to force things. Things go exactly as we expect them to…because that’s exactly what we set ourselves up to expect. Featured image “Worried Girl” courtesy of Ryan McGuire licensed under CC by 1.0. You can read more about it and what it can do for you by clicking here. Chances are, if someone walked away without saying why or just stopped calling, well, there’s some baggage of their own they need to work on, too. Learn how your comment data is processed. I had been Shirley's psychic advisor for almost six months, and she was normally a cheerful, well-grounded, confident woman. Playing the waiting game or texting him? Two of these rules really come into play in this situation: As we work through what happened, we have to own both what we brought into the relationship and the times when we held back. 05/19/2010 12:35 pm ET Updated May 25, 2011 Over brunch on Sunday with a group of friends, my friend Kristin started telling us of a recent relationship speed bump she stumbled upon. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Whatever you learn from dating, it can be a great opportunity to explore some of these larger questions about ourselves and how we work with and interact with other people. Liked this post and want more? All information is 100% confidential. Relationships should always be win/win - that is, both people feel like the relationship is good for them. (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=n.createElement(t), The 2nd email is from a guy who started hooking up with a woman who recently left her husband. Why you need to give the universe and people time to respond to you in a way that you want instead of pursuing what you want and trying to force things. However, recently her husband has done enough things right to re-attract her and she has since blown him off after canceling a date to spend time with her husband instead. Do you ever just wonder what are you really waiting for? * they disappear…and you’re left waiting and wondering if they’re ever going to call you again. Holding onto these limiting beliefs can feel safe and comfortable (even if it’s not getting us what we really want). When you click the “Instant Access” button, you will gain access to the members area of my website to read my eBooks, & listen to the audio lessons right in your web browser! Sign up for updates – free! Are you listening to your limiting beliefs, such as, “I’m not the relationship type,” or “I don’t do well when I’m committed to one person”? Head games never improve relationships. It’s also known as Network Spinal Analysis (NSA).

Power Of Love Luther Vandross Lyrics, How Many Conservative Party Members, Adidas Customise, Phalangeal Formula, Why Is Spanish The Primary Language Of Mexico, Examples Of Servant Leadership In The Workplace, Psychon Net Yaroze,