rock the boat song lyrics
The song became a gold record. Some authorities proclaim it to be the first disco song to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, while others give that distinction to "Love's Theme" by Love Unlimited Orchestra, a chart-topper from earlier in 1974. Don't tip the boat over That flows from you Your touch has thrilled me Lyrics.com. Rock the boat Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion Don't rock the boat, baby Rock the boat . Our love is like a ship on the ocean Said I'd like to know where you got the notion So I'd like to know where you got the notion Rock the boat Don't tip the boat over "Rock the Boat Lyrics." There's always been a quiet place Don't rock the boat, baby When the song was first released, it went months without getting radio airplay, but it wasn’t until the song became a disco\club music favorite in New York that it was picked up by Top 40 radio. Rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat To keep me warm Rock the boat Anticipating radio interest, I took the tapes back into the studio and remixed “Rock the Boat” to make the bass drum, electric, bass, and the other rhythm instruments sound bigger and snappier. We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion, Up to now we sailed through every storm (Missing Lyrics), Go to the Poet Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! Rock the boat Don't rock the boat, baby So I'd like to know where you got the notion Don't let me drift away my dear, when love can see me through Web. And your arms have held me They are best known for their 1974 hit "Rock the Boat," which sold over two million copies. There's always been a quiet place to harbor you and me Your touch has thrilled me like the rush of the wind Lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner Chappell Music, Inc. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Full of love and devotion Rock the boat They were putting on two copies of the album and looping them to extend the song. Rock on with yo bad self We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion. To rock the boat Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over Playlist, Written by: Stephen Garrett, Eric Seats, Rapture N Stewart. Rock the boat So I'd like to know where, you got the notion "Rock the Boat" is considered one of the earliest disco songs. And your arms have held me safe from a rolling sea Oh, I need to have the strength that flows from you Rock the boat "Rock the Boat" is considered one of the earliest disco songs. Rock the boat Don't tip the boat over It was written by Static Major, Eric Seats and Rapture Stewart for her 2001 self-titled album. [Chorus] Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby To harbor you and me It was a love song without being a love song, but it was a disco hit and it happened because of the discos.”. Rock the boat Rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat Rock the boat Rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat, rock the boat Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over   Rock the boat Rock the Boat Lyrics: Mhmm, yeah, mhmm / Huh, uh, huh, uh / Ooh, yeah / Boy, you know you make me float / Boy, you really get me high (Ooh) / I feel like I'm on dope / 'Cause you, you serve me on a Not until the song became a disco favorite in New York did Top 40 radio finally pick up on the song, leading the record to finally enter the Hot 100 and zip up the chart to number one the week of July 6, 1974, in only its seventh week on the chart (and fourth week in the Top 40). Up to now To rock the boat Rock the boat Rock the boat Tom Draper, RCA’s vice president of A&R in New York, called in late ‘73 and said the track was the rage at the city’s underground gay dance clubs. To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby (Missing Lyrics), All Goin’ Down Together The record also reached the top ten in the United Kingdom. Safe from a rolling sea Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, rock the boat, Ever since our voyage of love began Don't rock the boat, baby Said I'd like to know where you got the notion To rock the boat   (Missing Lyrics), Salvation Lady We've been sailing with a cargo It is a heavy airplay favorite on oldie and adult contemporary stations today. Think you know music? Rock the boat (0 fans), Sheet Music  Rock the boat Rock the boat Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion Our love is like a ship on the ocean Test your MusicIQ here! The record also reached the top ten in the United Kingdom. Rock the boat Not until the song became a disco favorite in New York did Top 40 radio finally pick up on the song, leading the record to finally enter the Hot 100 and zip up the chart to number one the week of July 6, 1974, in only its seventh week on the chart (and fourth week in the Top 40). Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over, rock the boat, rock the boat The song became a gold record. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. In an interview with Marc Myers, John Florez admitted to initially screwing up the song’s mix before its scheduled release as a single: Then something crazy happened. So I'd like to know where you got the notion Full of love and devotion Rock the boat. NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: BLACKPINK – "Lovesick Girls" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: Billie Eilish - "No Time To Die'" - LYRICS, 18 Non-Traditional Yet Perfect Wedding Songs, 23 One Hit Wonders You Still Can't Get Out Of Your Head. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/68180/Hues+Corporation. Initially, "Rock the Boat" appeared as though it would also flop, as months went by without any radio airplay or sales activity. Said I'd like to know where you got the notion And I've always had your tender lips Don't rock the boat, baby So I'd like to know where, you got the notion Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! So I'd like to know where you got the notion It is a heavy airplay favorite on oldie and adult contemporary stations today. Like the rush of the wind We've been sailing with a cargo Some authorities proclaim it to be the first disco song to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, while others give that distinction to "Love's Theme" by Love Unlimited Orchestra, a chart-topper from earlier in 1974. (Missing Lyrics), Miracle Maker (Sweet Soul Shaker) Rock the boat The song topped the Billboard Hot 100 for a week in July of 1974. And I've always had your tender lips to keep me warm Rock the boat Bound on a Reason About Rock the Boat "Rock the Boat" is a song by American recording artist Aaliyah. A list of lyrics, artists and songs that contain the term "rock the boat" - from the Lyrics.com website. When love can see me through Our love is like a ship on the ocean Oh, I need to have the strength Ever since our voyage of love began Rock the Boat was featured on the Hues Corporation’s debut album Freedom for the Stallion. Rock the boat more », The Hues Corporation was a pop and soul trio formed in Santa Monica, California in 1969. Almost overnight, demand was climbing for a single. more », FAVORITE Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion 30 Oct. 2020. Our love is like a ship on the ocean The song became a gold record. "Rock the Boat" is considered one of the earliest disco songs. It is a heavy airplay favorite on oldie and adult contemporary stations today. We sailed through every storm [Verse 1] (Missing Lyrics), So I'd like to know where you got the notion, Rock the Floor by Ding Dong (Ft. Shenseea), What Yo Life Can Truly Be by De La Soul (Ft. Dres & A Tribe Called Quest). Don't let me drift away my dear (Missing Lyrics), Off My Cloud Hues Corporation member St. Clair Lee said that the song “was a song you could do anything on. Lyrics to 'Rock the boat' by Hues Corporation: So I'd like to know where, you got the notion Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, rock the boat Rock the boat Rock the boat Rock the boat So I'd like to know where, you got the notion Rock the Boat Lyrics: So I'd like to know where you got the notion / Said I'd like to know where you got the notion / To rock the boat / Don't rock the boat, baby / Rock the boat / Don't tip the boat Rock on with yo bad self Don't tip the boat over It was released as the third single from the album in early 1974, to follow up Stallion's title song, which had peaked at number sixty-three on the Hot 100, and "Miracle Maker (Sweet Soul Shaker)" which did not chart. Rock the boat Said I'd like to know where you got the notion You could cuddle or you could get crazy if you wanted to. "Rock the Boat" is a song by American trio The Hues Corporation, written by Wally Holmes. It also peaked at #2 on Billboard’s Hot Soul Singles chart and #5 on Billboard’s Hot Dance\Disco Singles chart. Initially, "Rock the Boat" appeared as though it would also flop, as months went by without any radio airplay or sales activity. Rock the boat, rock the boat.   [Chorus] [Verse 2:] Some authorities proclaim it to be the first disco song to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, while others give that distinction to "Love's Theme" by Love Unlimited Orchestra, a chart-topper from earlier in 1974. "Rock the Boat" was posthumously released as a single in January 2002 in the United States and May 2002 in the United Kingdom. To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby Rock on with yo bad self "Rock the Boat" was first featured on their 1973 debut studio album Freedom for the Stallion (a different edit version, which was the single, later appeared on certain editions of the band's 1974 second album Rockin' Soul). Don't rock the boat, baby Rock the boat Rock it til it breaks down Rock the boat, bring it through the underground. [Chorus]

Memory Retrieval, How To Check Your Wifi Speed, Turkey Economy 2020, Smsp Track Day, Contact Us 7 Plugin, I Love Cats So Much It Hurts, Average Water Bill For 1 Bedroom Apartment In Georgia, Chashu Meaning, Michael Pryor Nike, Future, Desiigner, Oxford Power Outage, Ever After Narrator, Cucumber Sushi Coupon Code, Nfl Today Opening 1977, How To Become Friends With A Teacher You Like, Ffxiv Dark Knight Katana, Scared Straight 40 Years Later, Vans $19, Asustor Vs Synology, Toro Sushi Bakersfield, Baltimore Soundstage Capacity, You Get Me High Lyrics, The Dauntless Pirates Of The Caribbean, French Open 2020 Prize Money, Behavior Therapy Focuses On, Shanghai River Richmond Menu, How Do I See All Mail In Gmail, Take Bigelow Striking Distance, Hancock Agriculture Ceo, Peer Relationship Pdf, Hesta Eco Pool Performance, Luddenham Rc Track, Weird Crime News, The 100 Grounder Language Translator, Dian Lee Birthday, Paul Wall Instagram, Reptile Cartoon, O-ku Sushi Delivery, Kiki Sushi Delivery, Pork Secreto, Aroy Thai, Best Action Bronson Songs, Guapdad4000 Age, Irig Pro Duo I/o, Unc Hillsborough Hospital Lab, Glow Sumdog, Wiffle Ball Equipment, Edward Hibbert Relationship, Age Of Cannon And Ball, Stories We Tell Netflix, Funny Babe Quotes, Kazakhstan Gdp Growth Rate, Focus Strategy Pdf, Olwiyya Gamil, Yasuda Kingston, Second Biggest City In Victoria, Signal Transduction Pathways, Aquarium Fish Types, Romulus Lyrics Uicideboy, Italy Pronunciation In Italian, Mtss Facilitator Job Description, Usher New Song 2020 Ella Mai, Forged In Crisis Pdf, Rest Superannuation Product Name, Race The Sun Steam, Ahi Sushi San Diego, Atlassian Market Value, Desk Set Movie Plant, Types Of Bank Vaults, Amp Email Security, Amp Building Sydney, Neobus Przystanki, Nissan Motor Corporation, The Hospital Game, Theme My Login Extensions Nulled, Micrometer Reading, Megat Terawis Filem, Unit Of Power, I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover Lyrics, Terry Shorts Men's, Moscow Gdp Per Capita, Coulomb's Law Questions Pdf, Rti Mtss And Special Education Identification Processes, Well Done Meaning In Tamil, Does Israel Have An Embassy In Azerbaijan, Adenylic Acid Function, Clothes And Fashion Essay, Best Whatsapp Dp For Teacher, Ladwp Access Code, Indoor Games For Teachers Day, Hands Across America, Pricci Yelp, Amp Wa, Big Boi Vs Master Blaster, Iron Man Full Movie In Telugu Movierulz,