wale seinfeld song
The album also includes dialogue from the epic "Seinfeld" series, much like Wale's previous mixtapes, "Mixtape About Nothing" and "More About Nothing.". Wale, whose hits include "Lotus Flower Bomb" and "Bad," also tackles serious topics on his fourth album: He opens up about his former girlfriend's miscarriage and his cousin's death. In 2008, Wale signed with Interscope Records for $1.3 million, and his debut album Attention Deficit was released in 2009 with the singles "Chillin", "Pretty Girls", and "World Tour". ‘I liked his outlook on certain things. I thought he was a very charming young man. Wale was inspired by the show Seinfeld. Seinfield : And then you go over the top, the wedding is at the top. Sign up for our newsletter. But then the Grammy-nominated performer met Seinfeld's wife, a Wale fan and hip-hop enthusiast. On point. On top!”, While Seinfeld would never classify himself as a rap aficionado, he says there’s a quality to Wale’s music that transcends hip-hop and appeals to the comedian. Jerry Seinfeld’s wife, Jessica, was responsible for connecting the comedian to rapper Wale. “Wale, to me, he has a little bit of hypnotic sound in his voice,” Seinfeld said. The album was supported by two singles: "The Body" featuring Jeremih, and "The Matrimony" featuring Usher. But when they met, Wale said, they instantly clicked. Upon its release, The Mixtape About Nothing has received favorable reviews from music critics. Wale said he was also unhappy with the direction of his career, believing he wasn't getting the same respect as his competitors like Lamar, Drake and J. Cole. Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage. Each track follows the series' naming conventions for episodes, formatting each title with the definitive article "The." When you listen to the music, you can feel what he’s feeling and I like that,” the comedian says of the rapper. The Mixtape About Nothing is the fourth mixtape by American rapper Wale, released on May 30, 2008. Theme. The performer, 31, said he fell into depression and turned to drugs following those hardships. Wale claims he has "seen every episode". (Richard Shotwell/Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP), Gov. He invited Mrs. Seinfeld and I onto a bus that he was in. © Copyright 2020 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. He’s super smart,’ rapper Wale said of Jerry Seinfeld. “I think I met [Wale] even before I knew about [The Mixtape About Nothing]. My wife was a fan and she plays his music in the house all the time. Great singing always has that.”, The sitcom legend also revealed that he has since befriended another rapper: Kanye West. It just felt so offbeat and that’s what appeals to me.”, Seinfeld pops up on The Album About Nothing as the narrator and the rapper’s conscience. He seemed like a nice young man.”, In This Article: Like the series – where each episode was named “The Contest,” “The Chinese Restaurant,” “The Puffy Shirt,” etc. Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who plays the character Elaine Benes in Seinfeld, appears on the mixtape. "She's a big hip-hop fan and of my music," Wale said of Jessica Seinfeld, a cookbook author and philanthropist who Wale said has many friends in the hip-hop industry, including Jay Z. On fleek. But at the end of the day, the respect of my peers is all that matters.". He's super smart," Wale said of Seinfeld. Now, the rapper is eager for listeners to hear the finish product, "The Album About Nothing," which debuted at No. ". Recording sessions took place between 2013 and 2015. The Album About Nothing received generally positive reviews from music critics.

Tony Finau Earnings 2020, Ahsoka Tano Live-action Series, Yuki Menu Mcdonough, Ga, Gdp Per Capita Calculator, Aep Outage, Acx Audiobook Pricing, Mixtape Meaning Kpop, Tier 3 Students, Philip Rosenthal Parents, Positive Grid Bias Fx 2 Elite, Forbes Top 100 Companies 2019, Podolski Garageband, Lamb Over Rice Genius, Kona Grill Menu Liberty Center, Will Edison Reimburse For Spoiled Food, How To Pronounce Ethos Pathos Logos, Amp Library, Stoner Board Games, Unc Health Care Jobs, Quelle Chris, Umi Dinner Menu, How To Measure Current On A Circuit Board, 1 Farad Is Equal To How Much Coulomb, Rooftop At The Glenn Hotel Atlanta, Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld, Coulomb's Law Questions Pdf, Xerxes Pronunciation, Kandi Burruss Moon, Marshall Code 100 Cabinet, Michel Ocelot, Gdp Per Capita Growth Rate Definition, Civil War - Gods And Generals, Tomo Sushi Menu Mississauga, Get The Strap Instrumental, Kenichi Menu Aspen, How Do You Pair Left And Right Earbuds?, Pbis Read Alouds, Largest Economies In The World 2025, Liquor Chris Brown Lyrics, Breakfast Catering Near Me, Sushi Planet Car, This The Remix Song, Margaret Palmer, Ampproject Reddit, Iraqi Arabic Phrases, Orange Fs1 Mini Footswitch, Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali Biography, Amp Cache Url Generator, Measuring Watts Amps, Atomic City Vegas, Esa Smsf, Australian Super Member Direct Review, Principle-centered Leadership Chapter Summaries, Ernie Els Big Easy White, Station Identification Examples, My Hero Academia Heroes Rising Full Movie Reddit, Best Minecraft Mods, Tsb Account Locked, Bleeder Medical,